The Beast in its native habitat

The Beast in its native habitat
Hidden Canyon Overlook, Moab, UT

Friday, April 6, 2007

Moab Easter Trip, April 5-11, 2007


We are in Moab with our friends BJ, Jaci, Emily, Chris, and Garrett for our annual Easter trip. Today we tackled Behind the Rocks, one of the most difficult trails here. Last year, I failed to make it up this obstacle, which is encountered at the very beginning of the trail. This time, after a couple of attempts, and some excellent spotting from BJ, I made it up! Pictures do not do this obstacle justice. There are huge gaps in the slickrock (my right rear tire is in one in this picture), as well as a nice slick coating of sand to hamper traction. The Orange Beast did not overcome this obstacle unscathed, however. On my first attempt, I snapped off the left rear u-step. Oh, well. No pain, no gain!


No comments: